Aromatherapy recipes. Have you ever smelled a particular scent and suddenly felt soothed, invigorated or nostalgic? It’s not magic, it’s aromatherapy !
The power of scents
Have you ever wondered why certain smells make you feel certain things? Why does lavender calm you down, while citrus scents give you a boost? That’s the magic of aromatherapy. Let’s dig a little deeper, shall we?
What is Aromatherapy?
Literally, aromatherapy is a branch of phytotherapy that uses the volatile active ingredients of aromatic plants, i.e. plants that have the ability to synthesise an essence thanks to sunlight and photosynthesis.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
Here’s why you might consider giving aromatherapy a whirl:
Ever needed a little calming? Scents like lavender and chamomile could be your ticket to tranquillity.
Can’t wake up in the morning? Citrus scents can be like espresso for your senses!
Counting sheep? A blend of specific oils could help you drift off to dreamland more quickly.
Essential Oils Explained
Let’s chat about some popular oils and their uses:
Need a pick-me-up? Peppermint’s invigorating aroma can perk you up faster than your favorite playlist.
Feeling stuffy? This oil is known for its refreshing and clearing properties.
The 5 Aromatherapy Recipes
Alright, onto the good stuff! Here are some blends to try:
For 10 drops, here are some recipes with their proportions:
- Stress-Relief Blend:
- 5 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Chamomile
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- Energizing Mix:
- 5 drops Scotts pine
- 2 drops peppermint
- 3 drops Lemon
- Sleepy-Time Elixir:
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Apricot
- Concentration Booster:
- 6 drops Black Spruce
- 2 drops Coriander
- 2 drops Lemon Litsé
- Immune Support Blend:
- 5 drops Ravintsara
- 3 drops Tea Tree
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Radiata
The benefits of aromatherapy
Aromatherapy isn’t just about pleasant scents; it’s also about seeking « better well-being ». Whether you need to relax, energise or simply sleep better, there’s a blend for you. Why not experiment with your own blends?
And we can’t stress this enough: consult your doctor if you have any problems!
- What’s the best way to use these blends?
- You can use them in diffusers, massage oils, or even in a relaxing bath!
- Are essential oils safe to apply directly to the skin?
- Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
- Where can I purchase essential oils?
- Reputable health stores, online retailers, or even some pharmacies stock them.
- How long do the effects of aromatherapy last?
- It varies but usually, the effects can last for a couple of hours.
- Can I mix more than three oils in a blend?
- Absolutely! Just ensure the combination is safe and effective.
Find out more:
- BOOK: The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, Revised and Expanded: Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health, Beauty, and Safe Home and Work Environments
- BOOK: Aromatherapy for Beginners: The Complete Guide to Getting Started with Essential Oils
- BOOK: The Ultimate Guide to Aromatherapy: An Illustrated guide to blending essential oils and crafting remedies for body, mind, and spirit